Friday, April 30, 2010

Having a really hard day....

I got a bit more sleep last night,went to sleep around 2 am or so, and got up at 7, but my mood and appetite are all out of whack now. Feeling pretty irritable today, and out of sorts all around. Financial worries have been hitting me pretty hard recently, and despite things being a little easier currently, that's just one more drop in the bucket right now. I'm not quite depressed, I won't let myself be, I've come too far. That is the direction I would have gone a year ago, though, or even six months ago.

Losing my job when I did has really helped me in a lot of ways, making me cut out unnecessary expenses, and learn to live on a lot less than I had grown accustomed to. It's been good, in that it has brought me back closer to the person I used to be, the one who paid off a 5 bedroom home before I was 30. I'm regaining the confidence that was destroyed by a constant beatdown from working thankless, dreary make work jobs.

And yet, today, I just don't give a crap about making sure I eat at regular intervals, or get enough fruit, or even how many Weight Watchers points I use. I'm hunkering down, making some jewelry, and watching Hamlet tonight. If that doesn't work, maybe some House will do the trick. Always good to watch someone else who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

What I need to do, is get out for a good walk, or hit the weight room. I know that, but I just don't care right this moment. I'm going to take some time, wallow in my crankiness, and I'll get in a short workout later tonight.

Breakfast
12 oz coffee with raw sugar

lunch
2 cups rice and beans
3 oz ground turkey

Dinner
2 slices whole wheat
4 oz ham
15 tortilla chips
1/2 cup salsa

Didn't end up watching Hamlet, after all. Have it DVR'd, so I will get to finishing it soon. David Tennant is Fantastic, as usual! Tickled the girl for a bit, then she wanted to play video games with me. A while blowing stuff up and killing monsters made my attitude much improved!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are having a bad day :(
    I know all about financial stress, and it is NO FUN. We just have to trust that we are where we're supposed to be at this moment, and something will happen soon, when it is supposed to.
    Be proud of your accomplishments, in life and in this weight loss journey! You're doing so great!

    Maybe now that it is later you are feeling better. Hopefully you had a good Wallow in your crankiness :) and it has left the building :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are having a bad day. I know that "ah, what the hell" feeling and it is definitely not a place that is good for us. You can't go back and relive yesterday so don't worry about today and look forward to tomorrow. I'd love to see some pictures of your jewellery. I did check out the Baconsalt site and found out they even ship to Canada but it is very expensive. I am making a list of things I want to get in the States and when I go to Vegas in September I will head for Wal-mart and stock up. I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They actually have a place on the site where you can check for retailers near you(including Canada). That's how I found them. Hmm, lemme see if I can find it, it was kindof tucked away in a corner...
    http://www.jdfoods.net/buy/wheretobuy.php
    I haven't found it at Walmart yet.

    ReplyDelete