Tuesday, April 20, 2010

changes

I had been doing two exercise programs a while back, one for situps and one for pushups. I think I mentioned that I had to take some time off, because I overdid the abs bit. Well, I finally started a new plan last week, and it seems like a good fit for me. Rather than two plans targeting my abs and upper body separately, I am doing these: Hindu Pushups I think I may restart the one hundred pushups plan using these, rather than traditional pushups. They are much harder, and hit my abs as well as my upper body.

I was feeling a little bit discouraged yesterday, though grateful for any loss at all. Then, I noticed that things seemed firmer, and noticed my clothes fitting smallerand differently. Taking a look in the mirror, I can see definite areas of improvement. While I may not have lost much poundwise, there has been some definite firming and size loss this week. Made me feel a lot better. If the weather would stay dry, I could get in some bicycling, but so far no luck. I am nervous to begin running before I drop below 300 lbs. I have an old knee injury from when I was in the police academy, hasn't given me trouble since last year, and I don't want it to start doing so. On the other hand, it stopped giving me trouble when I stopped wearing shoes with any sort of heel on them(I wear Airwalks pretty much exclusively now), so maybe my knee trouble is really a thing of the past?

Well, we'll see.

Breakfast
12 oz coffee with raw sugar
1 small orange
1 oz beef jerky

snack
1 oz beef jerky
1 small orange

Lunch
4 oz ham
2 slices wheat bread
1 slice american cheese
1/2 large apple
1 oz cheddar
13 doritos chips

snack?
4 oz turkey breast
2 slices wheat bread
1 orange

dinner
Met rx bar

2 comments:

  1. Hi Byron, sorry I have been neglecting comments lately. Life is so busy and sometimes it is so late when I get to the blogs that my brain freezes and doesn't connect well with my fingers. You don't always have to have a lose to experience a positive result. As you said you are toning and that makes a big difference. I can't wait to see the day that you post your weight and you are under 300. What an accomplishment that will be and you don't have that far to go. I, on the other hand, have experienced a back slide the past couple of weeks but back on track now. I wish losing weight was as easy as reading a book, I'd be there by now...lol. Keep up the good work and glad the results are showing up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! A loss is a loss! that's the truth! I'm glad your not letting that keep you down, you are doing so great over all!!!

    That's awesome that you can see results, I can't wait till my clothes are to big for me!!!

    I haven't ran at all on my treadmill... actually I have no interest LOL. All I have been doing is walking, and I was worried about the effect that would have on my knee injury. Walking has actually helped A LOT. It built up strength in my knee and it feels great! I feel it tighten once in a while, but never pain anymore. I am no expert but I would definitely suggest going for walks before runs.

    ReplyDelete