Saturday, April 24, 2010

Free Day

So, I knew I was going to a bbq today, and my stove got fixed yesterday, and my wife had a show tonight, so I decided to have a "free" day, where I keep track of what I eat, but don't worry about points, or trying to stay within limits. I have found that an occasional day like this helps me to keep on track, and I haven't had one since I started WW in February. It also gives me an idea of how likely I am to slip into my old habits if I stop tracking every bite.

So:

Breakfast
12 oz coffee with raw sugar
3 sausage links
3 hash brown patties
2 strips bacon

lunch
1 hamburger
3 shishkabobs(peppers, mushrooms, chicken, steak, sausage(about 3 oz chicken, 1 oz sausage, 1 oz steak, total)
1 12 oz sprite

Dinner
1 foot long all beef hot dog, mustard, ketchup and relish

I'll total the ww points later, see how badly I went over. I don't feel like I used to, all full and bloated, so that's a good sign. I notice, looking at it, that I naturally ate lighter as the day went on. Good change.

Well.
I went and added everything into Weightwatchers online. Double checked it. Without even paying attention, without trying, I came in just under my daily allowed points. That's a very good thing. That means I've been eating right for long enough that it's becoming natural for me. Doesn't mean I can slack off, but it's a very good indication that I am doing exactly what I need to be.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Byron, what an excellent idea. It would definitely show a person how they are doing if they have been in program long enough. I don't think now is the time for me to try it with everything that is going on. I like the idea and one could probably do it every three months or so and then document how they did each time. You had an awesome day, keep up the good work, I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Free Day is a good idea :) You deserve it!

    I of course don't eat well enough on a daily bases to reward myself like that yet, someday!

    ReplyDelete