Thursday, September 30, 2010

Enter the Kettlebell...

So...
Two weeks using the kettlebell now. O. M. G. It is like magic, well, like magic you have to put some effort into, well, like magic assisting your own effort, well, really not like magic at all, because I have put serious effort into them. Anyway, they WORK. Better than anything else I have tried to date. In one week, I added ten lbs to my bicep curl max. My shoulders, abs, biceps, triceps and forearms are all showing visible improvement. My glutes are becoming strong again. My posture has improved! I have been slouching for years, a result of my stomach pulling on my spine. Lower back pain? Gone. I have virtually no fear of injury with these. What I have found is that with normal weights and machines, you can often overdo or make incorrect movements without noticing. Not so with the kettlebell. It is self-correcting, because when you do something incorrectly, the kettlebell punishes you INSTANTLY. A 35 lb kettlebell is not a thing you argue with. IT WILL WIN.

So, down under 290 lbs now, and wearing pants I last wore in 2002. My forearms feel like rock. My cheekbones have returned from their vacation in fatland. And my strong jawline is back, as well.

91 FRICKIN' POUNDS LOST, BABY!

I love my kettlebell. And I have barely started.

On a less enthusiastic note, I have found some loose skin from weight loss. backside of my elbow, just a bit. I think I can fill it out, if I focus on some tricep work.

1 comment:

  1. Bleh :( I have so far to got yet, and am already seeing loose skin. Loose skin that I won't be able to do anything about!
    But it's worth it.
    You are doing awesome... I hope you have some before pics and you can compare! Otherwise, the clothes fitting works just as well :) Soo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete